Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rumors

Rumor has it that the only two posts in Toehold's history to use the word "rumor" are these:
  1. Another pet to entertain our dogs.
  2. Mouse warfare.
Coincidentally, they both involve animals (I might have said they both involve rodents, but rabbits are lagomorphs).

You might say I don't write about rumors much, but that's debatable. With that in mind, I offer a few rumors.
  1. Michael Jackson likes little boys, perhaps too much.
  2. Climate change denial is based on lies.
  3. When there's more fighting in Iraq, that means we're winning (which can only mean that when the fighting stops, we will have lost).
  4. My daughter: adorable.
  5. That unpleasantness at Abu Grhaib? Just a few bad apples. Nothing to do with the goings on at the White House.
  6. Mac users love rumors.
  7. I've heard Rumors, heard of Rumors and listened to Rumors.
There was a rumor that this list would be ten items long, but I don't do top ten lists.

4 comments:

Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

Nice try, Kyle. Really. But I think you gotta go more juicy. I sure respect your non-contestant entries, show motivation and moxie.. I dig that.

Love, Joel

Unknown said...

I considered just making some stuff up, but recent posts notwithstanding, this isn't meant to be a source of fiction. It's not exactly my style. That having been said, I didn't want to let the challenge go completely unmet.

Here's a little juice: Before the war, Saddam was making late night phone calls to 1-900-HOT-NUKE and breathing heavily into the phone, "oh yeah, baby, I want you so bad."

Also, I've just learned that it's rumored we wounded someone important over there.

Too many rumors about Iraq? It's such a hotbed of tabloid interest!

Your respect and remarks are appreciated. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you give rabbits the respect they deserve and don't mistakenly lump them into that nasty group Rodentia.

Now, what about "Rumours" the Fleetwood Mac album? Our parents owned that record, it was pretty good, so you've heard that too, I suspect. :-P

Unknown said...

The Fleetwood Mac album was the first link under point seven. I just misspelled it; oops.