Monday, May 02, 2005

Meta: rejected food.

The first challenge for The Ultimate Blogger competition was called "Vapid Vittles." The challenge was to write something entertaining about food. I wasn't selected to be a contestant on The Blog is Right, but I figured I might play along anyway. (Don't tell anyone, but, to be honest, I think the best part of their prize package is the cash. I wanted to enter just for the attention.) So I wrote about dorm food, an unending source of entertainment for me and friends over *cough* ten *cough* years ago.

Before settling on that topic, I toyed with the idea of deriving inspiration from "Weird Al" Yankovic. I have a considerable collection of his fine CDs. Of the 129 songs I have in iTunes, I counted 14 that were about food.

The other obvious idea I had was to use food as a sexual metaphor, and write something with a lot of double entendres in it. I'm talking about a slightly more clever version of "hungry for a hot thick sausage." I refrained from that because, today at least, I'm not that clever.

No comments: