Monday, May 23, 2005

Just to reiterate...

(Both) reactions to my interview with Jesus have noted that I somewhat stuck my neck out on that one. Interviewing Jesus is controversial, I guess. Christ always was something of a radical. I've always loved that about Jesus; he shook up the establishment.

My favorite part of the interview was very late in it, so if you saw the article but didn't manage to wade through the whole thing, I'll reprint the best part here:
Can torture be justified?

Let me ask you this. If a man holds a gun to your head and tells you to torture an innocent or he will kill you, what do you do? I'll tell you what I'd like you to do. You refuse to do the Devil's work and come join Me in Heaven. You think terrorists will kill you if you do not torture, but I tell you that choosing not to torture is on the path to everlasting life with Me and my Father. There's no strength in inflicting suffering on others, especially when it's done out of fear. It's cowardly and shameful. No one knows better than I do that My children are not all strong enough to stand up to the forces of Evil, but I am still sorely disappointed by choices I see made every day.

And I won't even tell you how angry I am at the apathetic response from you kids. It's unspeakable. I will be most cross if the sources of this Evil are not found and removed from power.
Anyway, let me say one more time that the opinions expressed by the Lord do not reflect the opinions of this venerable blog. That is, I want to be clear that I don't always agree with the One who knows all and provides the very definition of morality.

That having been said, I'm very interested in any responses on the topics and opinions given. Just don't think you're arguing with me here. Disagreeing with the views expressed in the interview is disagreeing with God.

No comments: