Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What do you call that big box of stupid?

My darling daughter is in the habit of watching TV first thing in the morning. For a long time, she'd get up, and come with me to the living room where our big TV is, and I'd offer her the option of watching Noggin since it's non-stop educational programming for kids her age.

So, she heard me say, every day, "watch noggin?" while indicating the big TV. She used to have a small TV in her room too, but it didn't get Noggin; it was just for tapes.

Long story short, she calls the big TV "noggin" and all other televisions are just "TV." If she wants to see one of her movies in the living room, she'll ask to watch the tape "on noggin."

(I find my daughter's language more interesting than mine; I hope you do too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, good things do happen when people delurk.

I found your blog via feministe's delurking spree. I like it. I'll be back.

Your daughter is adorable.

Another fun small-child word:
"hoptipiller"
(what I used to call helicopters)

Unknown said...

I found your blog via feministe's delurking spree. I like it. I'll be back.

You must just have read the good stuff. Wait till you get a load of the day-to-day posts. (For those of you who are not Hissy Cat, here is the delurking spree in question.) Thank you for the kind words. I hope you continue to enjoy my modest works.

Your daughter is adorable.

Thanks again. Maybe I should write about bed time to balance that out a little.

Another fun small-child word:
"hoptipiller"


I like it!