Friday, September 23, 2005

O'Reilly vs. Donahue

Phil Donahue was on Bill O'Reilly's show recently. (I'm no fan of O'Reilly.)

I found it entertaining, but not very illuminating. I doubt anyone was convinced of anything as a result. For example:
O'REILLY (angry, jabs finger at Donahue): You're a cut and run guy and I don't want my family in danger because of you ...

DONAHUE: You wanna stay the course, don't ya'?
The options available are not merely "cut and run" or "stay the course." Basing a discussion around those two extremes just doesn't go anywhere. I've seen both sides of the aisle with some ideas of what to do in Iraq, and that can be an interesting discussion, but not if it's "cut and run" versus "lose another 2,000 soldiers."

So, for entertainment purposes only, here's a transcript.

No comments: