Friday, July 01, 2005

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

Corp. policy changed this year such that we had to take all our vacation days by the end of June. Thusly, I've been on vacation the majority of this week, "using or losing" the days I had left.

I'm surprised I didn't write anything in that time. Or even take the time to post the numerous things I've already written but not posted. Abject apologies if I've disappointed my handful of gentle readers.

On Monday, the family and I went to Hurricane Harbor and had a good ol' time. I could have spent all day on their lazy river, and it seemed like I spent all day waiting in line to rent a blue tube so that I wouldn't have to wait in line for the lazy river.

On Tuesdae, I did some laundry.

On Wednesday, I helped a friend move. Believe it or not, I like helping people move. It's not stressful when they're not my boxes I'm hauling around, and people are always very grateful. At the end of the day, I feel like I've done something worthwhile and helped someone else, and they're often buying me food as a result. I was fortunate on Wednesday that there was also hired help there to do the really heavy lifting. My sedentary programming job has left me with no endurance to speak of. I thought continuing to carry around my 40 lb. daughter from time to time would keep me strong, but I still had more trouble just plain lifting than I thought I would.

Anyway, the break from blogging was kind of nice too, but I have an urge to catch up now. We'll see if that sticks with me or not.

No comments: