Tuesday, July 05, 2005

On Hillary

There's been some talk of Hillary Clinton running for President of the United States. I doubt I have a lot to add to the discussion, but here are a few points that come to mind:
  • It's appealing to vote in the first female President.
  • It's not appealing to vote in another "dynasty" candidate. We've had two Bushes. Two Clintons now?
  • It's not appealing to have another divisive President that half the nation will hate with a passion.
  • If she ran, I'd probably vote for her, but I'd have to know the other candidate to know for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't she technically a Rodham or whatever? Just because I married a Trifone, that doesn't make me not a Hasselbacher, does it?

Unknown said...

Lee, I'd say that family-wise, you have dual membership.

Anonymous said...

So, Hillary has dual membership then. Which probably just gives her the opportunity to blame the Clinton side (when needing to appease Republicans) when something goes wrong. :-P