Thursday, July 14, 2005

There's too much music.

I look at Friday Random Ten, the music section of Mininova, and even Billboard, and it's all so unfamiliar. There is so much music, so much more than I remember there being when I was a kid. I guess back then I had my head stuck in the top 40, and as far as I was concerned, that's all there was.

I used to think I could keep up with current music, but no more. I no longer listen to the radio because during commuting hours, it's too thick with commercials for me to stand. I don't find artists from watching late night TV anymore because we always watch via TiVo and just skip any artist we haven't already heard of. It's looking more and more like the only way to find what I like is through recommendations and just plain random chance.

No comments: