Thursday, July 14, 2005

Boys vs. Girls, to the death.

I heard a commercial on TV say, "heart disease is the leading cause of death among women."

I thought to myself, "Self, isn't heart disease the leading cause of death among everyone?" So, I asked Google, and it lead me to a PDF with 2002 statistics, and I learned a thing or two.
  1. Indeed, heart disease is the number one killer, taking 28.5 percent of lives lost.
  2. Three men die of it for every two women.
  3. The only thing that affects women more than men is Alzheimer's.
  4. Women still live longer than men, but the gap is getting smaller.
  5. Whites live longer than blacks.
  6. Black women live longer than white men by just a little bit.
I find it hard to believe that there are really seven men dying for every five women in a year, so I wonder if I'm reading this wrong. On the other hand, I completely believe that 22 men suicide for every 5 women and 17 men are murdered for every 5 women, so maybe it's true.

Anyway, insert own joke about taxes here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you provide your own joke as an example of a "tax joke"?