I thought to myself, "Self, isn't heart disease the leading cause of death among everyone?" So, I asked Google, and it lead me to a PDF with 2002 statistics, and I learned a thing or two.
- Indeed, heart disease is the number one killer, taking 28.5 percent of lives lost.
- Three men die of it for every two women.
- The only thing that affects women more than men is Alzheimer's.
- Women still live longer than men, but the gap is getting smaller.
- Whites live longer than blacks.
- Black women live longer than white men by just a little bit.
Anyway, insert own joke about taxes here.