Monday, September 27, 2004

One Simple Question

I think I'd heard of The One Question question before, but I just saw today that the bounty is a possible $8300+ for asking Bush how many times he's been arrested. I'm not sure if it's worth the money (or fame or pride) to have the Secret Service surveilling me (or worse) for the next ten years, but it's worth thinking about.

I note that not too far from me, there will be a town-hall format debate, but the audience will be full of "likely voters" (selected by Gallup), and the questions will be pre-screened. If some likely voter were after the cash, one tactic might be to submit a question that begins "how many times have you been," and the pull a switcheroo at the last moment. The moderators probably wouldn't have time to cut off the microphone before "arrested" got out.

I doubt he would answer. Perhaps the question wouldn't even make it to the airwaves. Still, the idea is a nice diversion, kind of like planning how you'd rob the bank.

No comments: