Sunday, September 12, 2004

My lousy commute.

I commute a little over two hous per day. Call it ten hours a week. I saw on the news last night that Chicago is the 8th worst commute in the nation, and the first is in L. A. where commuters travel an average of 93 hours per year. I commute that much in less than three months.

Until last night I thought my commute was bad, and probably worse than average, but not too far from the norm, at least in my area. I figured I hated it disproportionately because before this I was used to about 20 minutes per day.

Now I wonder if I should Do Something about this. Something beyond listening to a book in the car, I mean.

The full study has a lot more information than just the "your city ranks here" that was all over the news. I haven't read it, but I think it would be interesting.

No comments: