Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's been a long night.

At five, I left work. Due to the snow, my commute was a little over two hours, so I met my wife and daughter at our appointment a little late. After that, a little after eight, I had some cold pizza they'd brought, and we went to the grocery store. I must have flat feet; after standing at the store for an hour, they hurt. We were home around 9:45, and I carried the groceries in. After our overtired daughter went to bed, we finished putting the groceries away, and a little after 10:00, we're sitting down in the living room with laptops, taking care of a little business before we fire up the TiVo.

At 10:25, I sneeze.

Down the hall, I faintly hear a sweet little voice say, "bless you!"

My wife laughs. I call back, "thank you, Dear."

Then I spend ten minutes writing the above, and the evening goes on...

No comments: