Sunday, January 30, 2005

Elections in Iraq.

I don't have a ton to say about the Iraqi elections because, frankly, I haven't had a ton to read. I'm just going to squeeze off a few bullets and go back to napping.
  • From what I can tell, people voted.
  • Also, some bombs went off.
  • It's inspiring to see the people over there voting.
  • I think those blue fingers are swank, and I hope we adopt a similar system in America.
  • The government they're electing will do nothing but make a constitution, which will then create the real government. In that sense, the soundness of this election is not as critical.
  • As with all things Iraq, it's nigh impossible to get any unbiased information. The election is either a sham or a triumph.
Much as I've been down about the whole Iraq situation, I really have my fingers crossed for it all to turn out well. A peaceful democracy in Iraq would be fabulous, no doubt about it.

No comments: