We are studying people who lived in these northern and central Illinois towns anytime between 1998 and 2002:During those four years, Mom was living in Peoria and working in Chillicothe.
- DePue in Bureau County where a zinc smelter was located
- Lewistown in Fulton County south of Peoria where liquid sewage sludge was sprayed on fields
- Morrison in Whiteside County, home of an electric products plant
- Paw Paw in Lee County, an agricultural area which used fertilizer from the DePue plant
- Savanna in Carroll County, home of a closed army depot and weapons testing range.
Friday, August 06, 2004
Hazardous Waste in Illinois
I wrote to Barb Sjostrom (named in the article I linked yesterday) about Mom's case of ALS to see if she lived in any of the areas studied. I got back a nice reply with details about where they're studying in Illinois (links are mine).