Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My birthday is tomorrow.

Every year my birthday creeps up on me. Since it's at the beginning of November, I spend all October thinking, "ah, that's not till next month" even when it's three days away. Last year I didn't get what I wanted, and I'm still pouty about that, but I've lowered my expectations for this year, so hopefully there won't be a soul-crushing repeat.

My knuckles are so dry that I'm leaking blood in two places. The stuff I put on to help stings and stinks.

Preparing for the upcoming baby occupies a lot of time these days. I've also rediscovered the joy of erasing gigantic video files off my hard drive after watching them (starting with "Firefly"). Being alternately sick and exhausted (and both) has lent itself to loafing on the couch, writing in my brain, if at all.

This is all by way of saying that I'm keenly aware that I've not been posting with the frequency I'd like. I'd apologize for that except that I heard a rumor that guilt is boring. Instead let me just say that Bloglines is really good for this kind of situation. I've gotten many a chuckle from a post popping up in my feeds that says, "sorry I haven't posted in six months" when I hadn't even noticed the absence, and I needed do nothing to stay up to date with the glacier.

No comments: