Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A phone feature I want.

Phones are getting better at knowing their own location (for use by 911 services). It probably won't be too long before they all have full GPS in them.

I'd like to be able to tell my phone to reconfigure itself based on location. For instance, "do not ring in the theater." Likewise, "always ring (not vibrate) in the car" (i.e., near a major highway). It'd be nice if, when I'm at home, it would remind me to use the land line if I'm trying to place a call during peak hours.

Just an idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not exactly along these lines but close, I wish phones here had the option (like many do in Japan) to turn on a "car mode." When car mode is on, a message plays for incoming callers "I'm driving, please leave a message" and then they get voice mail and the driver isn't interrupted.