Friday, October 07, 2005

President Bush and the Blues Brothers

He's on a mission from God. That's what they say, anyway.
George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.
The White House, however, denies it.
Q Have you ever heard the President say that God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and --

MR. McCLELLAN: No, and I've been in many meetings with him and never heard such a thing.
I have no particular reason to disbelieve the denial, except that he's alleged to have said that kind of thing before, also in a private meeting.

It might be amusing now to remark on the desirability of The Blues Brothers running our country right now, but I won't.

Whether it's true or not, the perception is out there that President Bush believes himself to be guided by God. I don't so much have a problem with Heavenly guidance except that I'm not sure what else guides our President, and I'm afraid that when President Bush looks to God for help, he's maybe just looking at his belly button.

No comments: