Saturday, February 26, 2005

Spelling checker, meet thy match.

My mother once wrote, "I am the werst speller." It was true. People who hadn't read her writing before thought it was a joke, that she'd misspelled "worst" deliberately. That's not true. Searching old emails (some of which Mom wrote), I find 'werst' eight times. For instance:
I've had the werst f'n headache sence I got home.
This one made me laugh, then cry:
Vacation was a combination of the werst and the best. FL was very hot and humid, over 90 every day. (I just spent 5 min trying to spell werst in every way I could think of to get the correct spelling on spell check. Sad I know)
I miss her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this Kyle from Brimfield HS? Regardless, sorry to hear about your mom.

Having fun reading your blog, though.

Dana Hunter and I live up in the Chicago burbs (not together, of course).

Take care!

Kate Vick