Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Heat from above.

Dad has a pool at his place, which we visited on Sunday. While I was enjoying the warm water with my warm daughter, I was getting warmed over by a mass of incandescent gas.

I haven't had a sunburn in quite a while. I used to get them all the time, but I had forgotten how quickly it happens. In any case, I'm a demonic shade of red from about the shoulder blades up.

Luckily, after a while, my wife stepped in and slapped some sunblock on me before it got much worse. Even so, it stings.

Burn or no burn, swimming in the pool was really fun, and it was probably the most exercise I've gotten since the last time I was sunburned. My darling daughter is pretty comfortable with some water and a flotation device, and I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my exes had a bunny. I never quite "got" the bunny thang, but they're cute as they nibble, and they ARE soft. Here's to peaceful coexistence with the pups.

--Erik D.