Tuesday, June 29, 2004

A good way to advertise.

I got some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from the vending machine. When I opened them up, there's that little stiff paper holder that they put in there (I guess) to keep the cups from being mangled in transit. It's always been white, but this one is advertising their new product. "NOW AVAILABLE!" it says, "White Chocolate Reese's."

I think that's a good way to advertise. This normally blank surface catches my attention because it suddenly has something on it, and it's apropos because I'm a current customer, clearly interested in peanut butter cups.

Unfortunately, you can't do it often. Once customers get used to seeing a message there, they'll ignore it. Still, I thought this was a good way to get the word out about a variant on something I already like.

No comments: