- Scott, is the insurgency in Iraq in its 'last throes'?
- But the insurgency is in its last throes?
- But they're killing more Americans, they're killing more Iraqis. That's the last throes?
- Right. What is the evidence that the insurgency is in its last throes?
- What's the evidence on the ground that it's being extinguished?
- Well, I'm just wondering what the metric is for measuring the defeat of the insurgency.
- Yes. Is there any idea how long a 'last throe' lasts for?
Friday, June 17, 2005
I got your "last throes" right here.
The Cunning Realist points out an exchange between White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan and ABC's Terry Moran. Long story short, Moran asks seven times about Vice President Cheney's claim that the Iraq insurgency is in its "last throes", and never gets a straight answer. Here are the questions he asked: