Sunday, April 10, 2005

Trend setter.

I find a certain irony in pointing out new voices on my humble blog. I think that, without exception, every blog I linked to has a higher readership than mine. A bathroom wall at the north pole has more regular readers than I do. I've paid attention to what statistics I can glean from tools I have available, and I think it's safe to say I have exactly two loyal readers who show up daily. Their blogs are:I'm not complaining, mind you. Mostly I write because I like to write. That having been said, I do feel some "toiling in obscurity" angst as voiced well by Rebecca Blood:
There is a lot of justified frustration with posting your heart out day after day and not being heard, and a lot of (largely unjustified) feeling that one is deliberately being kept out of the conversation by people who have the power to get your views out to the world.
I didn't know when I did it that Jay Rosen wants an analysis like the one I did for myself. Writing a tool to do the analysis might not be that hard, but it would involve crawling entire sites, and that looks like a job for Google or Technorati, not some guy with a cable modem.

1 comment:

Garou said...

I'm fairly certain that my blog (to which you have linked) has less readership than yours. At last check, I average .5 hits/day - so I have one regular reader who checks every couple days.

*shrug* I still enjoy hauling out the soapbox and ranting into the void. If nothing else, it's cathartic.