Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Gadflyer: Believe

I'd like to laugh at "Why I believe in our President" but the topic still bothers me enough that I can't laugh at it. In any case, I encourage you to read it. The quote below gives the flavor.
I believe the president was right to oppose the formation of the 9/11 Commission, to change his mind but then oppose fully funding it, to change his mind but then oppose granting its request for an extension, to change his mind but refuse to testify for more than an hour, to change his mind but then testify alongside Vice President Dick Cheney so long as transcripts and note-taking were prohibited. I believe the investigation into the Abu Ghraib prison scandal shows it was the fault of a handful of misguided underlings who simply misunderstood a memo signed by the Secretary of Defense which authorized the use of dogs to interrogate prisoners.

No comments: