Saturday, March 05, 2005

Whence comes inspiration

My "values in law" post derives from comments I wrote during a discussion at Abigail's Magic Garden. I'm linking to it because I actually like some of my writing there better than what I wrote here. (So, if you liked that post, go read the brighter first drafts.)

More generally, I think that I often write better in response to something than when I just cover a topic "cold." I can respond to a specific opponent without fear that I'm erecting a straw man or otherwise unfairly characterizing the opposition.

1 comment:

SheaNC said...

I'm not sure if my posts are better or worse than my responses, but I do tend to put more thought into my blog posts, while the resposnes are more spontaneous. If that results in mean statements on my behalf, then I end up feeling guilty... sometimes >8^)