Friday, November 05, 2004

Gloating rights.

I lurked on IRC while watching the election coverage, and someone threw out a link to this post which says, "it's all about gloating rights." It goes on to say that if Bush wins, "the Right Wing Bullshit Cannons" will say, among other things:
The Forces of Liberalism, EVEN WITH their millions of dollars, their unfair Media Monopoly, their celebrity endorsements, their slanderous documentaries, and their arsenal of dirty tricks, were UNABLE to keep a Good Man down.
I found it humorous. I figured it was only slightly exaggerated from what the most over-the-top commentators would say. I already don't take them seriously. Then I came across "Four More Years! AKA: Take That, You Sons of Bitches." I quote:
All of the resources they had accumulated over a generation of struggle were thrown into this battle: and they have failed. Despite all of their tricks, despite all of their lies, the people have rejected them.
Also:
Despite all of the books, movies, television shows: despite the seeming involvement of all of Hollywood and all of Academia, they lost. They used every trick in the book against us: and they lost.
More than once in the last four years, I saw real headlines that looked as if they came from The Onion, and I heard others remark similarly. Here again we have people seriously writing what otherwise sounds exactly like satire. I hope that in the time it takes my daughter to go from 3.5 to 7.5 years of age, I'll be able to see the humor in the clowns running the country. The fact that I voted helps with that; I feel no guilt, no shame.

So, here's to four more years of comedy.

No comments: