Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's not a race.

This morning on my way to work, I had the rare pleasure of being trailed nearly all the way by some woman in an Infiniti. She wasn't trying to trail me. On the contrary, she kept trying to get ahead of me. In fact, she did get ahead of me three out of four times she tried, but somehow she kept ending up behind me again.

It must be very frustrating for the owner of a very expensive car to get outpaced by some lunatic in a Beetle jamming out to "Weird Al" Yankovic.

1 comment:

Garou said...

Yeah, I've noticed some of that same behavior. So far, I've gone back and forth to Chicago a half dozen times this summer, and on every trip, I see some idiot who goes dodging and weaving through traffic. 9 times out of 10, I see them again - usually when traffic starts stacking up (when they are a dozen cars in front of me), and sometimes pulled over in front of an officer. That never fails to bring a smile to my face.