Thursday, July 22, 2004

The bunny never sleeps.

In my quick research into our new pet rabbit, I learned that rabbits are crepuscular, which means they sleep day and night but not at twilight or dawn. That's interesting in a house with a hamster who's nocturnal, dogs that sleep at their leisure, parents who sleep on accident, and a child who sleeps when directed. It'd be interesting too if it happened.

We've had this adorable bunny for a while now, and I've never seen her with her eyes closed. Every time I go near her cage, she's awake, little pink eyes wide open. Sometimes I see her stretched out like she's relaxing. Sometimes I see her with her feet tucked in like she's a fur log with a bunny face, but never sleeping.

Maybe I'm crepuscular and I don't know it. Maybe I make such a racket, even walking on carpet in socks, that Vanilla can never sleep through my approach. Whatever it is, it's gotten uncanny.

No comments: